Monday, November 28, 2011

Healthy Breakfast - Green Gram Chilla


I just love participating in blog events.. not only they attract newer people to visit my blog but also gives me an idea on what I could be cooking next (in simple words, it saves me from racking my brain on the ingredients, and instead I can focus on the recipe :)) .. Was keen to participate in Priya's CWS event & create a dish with Green Moong.

Every morning Arunesh expects a different delicacy .. and the lazy me always offers oats or cornflakes ;) .. untill I decided to try a new option if not everyday.. atleast alternate. Yesterday was one such option.. GREEN GRAM CHILLA.. healthy, protein-rich and tasty..



Ingredients
Green Moong Dal (soaked overnight) - 1 cup
Yogurt - 2 Tablespoons
Eno - 1 Pinch
Onion (finely chopped) - 1 medium-size
Green Chili (finely chopped) - 1
Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) - handful
Salt - to taste
Red Chili Powder - to taste
Oil

Cooking
1. Grind soaked Moong Dal with Yogurt, Salt & Red Chili in a grinder.

2. Tranfer the mixture to a bowl and add chopped Onion, Green Chili, Coriander Leaves & Eno. Mix well. Add water (if required) to acquire a flowing consistency (Taste the mixture to adjust the salt & chili levels)

3. Heat a teaspoon of Oil in a non-stick pan and spread the mixture with a spoon in round shape. (similar to making a uthapam) Spinkle oil along the sides to prevent it from sticking. Cover with lid and let is cook for 5 minutes. Toss and cook the other side as well.

Our Chilla is ready... tastes best with Mint Chutney & Tomato Ketchup :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow nutritious chillas,thanks for sending, do let me know if you want to host CWS in July 12?..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priya :) yes I am keen to host CWS July 2012.. thank u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully healthy breakfast recipe..:) Yummy..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete