Friday, February 10, 2012

Quick Tomato Salsa




Mexican is one of my fav cuisines.. but alas, I havent explored cooking this cuisine much.. Thus, when I came across this recipe.. I so wanted to try it..

I had tried making Salsa once or twice before but owing to the tedious recipe I followed, I ended up messing it here or there.. But this month thanks for Radhika's Blog Hop Wednesday and my pairing with Rajani of 'My Kitchen Trails' .. I made this simple SALSA and just loved it... Now I can make it anytime and pamper myself :))

All we need is:
Tomato - 1 medium
Onion - 1/2
Green Chili - 1
Coriander Leaves - Handful
Salt - a pinch
Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon

Pulse the Onions, Green Chili and Coriander in a food processor. Next, add the Tomatoes and pulse again to make a paste. (we need to ensure that Tomato isn't completely pulped.. it should be chunky)

Transfer to a bowl. Add Salt and a dash of Lemon.. Done !!

It tastes perfect with Nachoes, Tortillas or Tacos...

A big THANKS to Rajani for this wonderful recipe :))




4 comments: